Työt rahaksi –  invoice without having a company

First salary payment – service fee only 3%.

You can work as a light entrepreneur and invoice without having a company easily, safely and quickly through our service. Take advantage of our introductory offer – first salary payment service fee only 3%. We take care of the paperwork, taxes and expenses.

It is ideal for any field where you sell your skills, competencies and services. There are no fixed costs, you will only pay for the salary payment. Our billing application is easy to use and you can see all your invoices and customers at a glance. You can Sign up here. For further information you can call our customer service +358 45 341 1545 or send an email to factura@tyotrahaksi.fi

How do I use the service?

Invoicing without having a company is quick and easy.

1. Register for the service. You find instructions and translations here. Registration is free-of-charge and without any obligation. It will remain valid until you inform us of your wish to stop using the service. Please make sure that you enter your email address correctly. Once you have accepted the terms of service , you can start to invoice. 

2.  After registering send us a billing order in our application.

3.  Once we have checked your billing order, we will  send the invoice to your customer.

4.  When the payment is received, we pay your salary no later than the following business day. Our service fee ranges from 3 (first salary payment) to 5 per cent  (min. €20, max. €300). It covers all costs related to invoicing and salary payment and provides liability insurance up to € 500,000. The service fee is fair and equal to everyone, and it is based purely on the amount you charge your customer (exclusive of VAT).

The Työt rahaksi service takes care of all compulsory contributions and notifications (social security fees and taxes) to the relevant parties on your behalf. Our Privacy policy We protect your privacy in accordance with the  new General Data Protection Regulation, GDPR.


What is a light entrepreneur?

A light entrepreneur is a person who works through a billing company without having a company of his own. A light entrepreneur performs work in a contractor relationship, which means that work done through employment conditions can´t be invoiced through an invoicing service.

A light entrepreneur or employee?

A key basic feature of entrepreneurship is independence, which means specifically independence in relation to the employer. An entrepreneur is not subject to the employer’s authority within the meaning of the employment relationship. The entrepreneur decides for himself what kind of work he will do, whether he will accept the job and how many employers he will deal with. An entrepreneur works for himself. The entrepreneur usually receives payment for the result of the work. In this case, the entrepreneur also bears the risk that the result of the work will not be accepted and he will have to repair the work at the agreed price without additional compensation.

Please observe that working through billing service doesn´t automatically mean that you work as an entrepreneur, if the work actually meets the characteristics of an employment relationship.

According to Employment Contracst Act, there is no employment relationship between the light entrepreneur and Työt rahaksi -service.

I’m not a Finnish citizen. Can I still use the service?

Yes, you can. However, you must have a Finnish tax card and a Finnish personal identity code . Please contact your local tax office for details.

How do I submit a tax card?

The tax card must be sent no later than the date of the salary payment. If a tax card is not delivered before the salary is paid, we will be required to withhold your salary 60% tax. You get a tax card in MyTax e-service. You can log in with your bank IDs or mobile certificate. You will only need one tax card for all the pay you receive. You can send the copy of your tax card  via our application.

When do I get my salary?

When your customer settles the bill, we pay your salary no later than the following business day.

How do I receive my salary slip?

The salary slip is sent to your online bank service as “verkkopalkka” (online salary). If your online bank service offers several online salary options, you can view our slip by selecting Apix. Salary slips are stored in your online bank service for 18 months. They can only be displayed by logging in with bank IDs. You can print or save them if you want. Salaries are paid via Osuuspankki.

How do I determine how much I should charge for my services?

Start by thinking how much you would like your gross income to be per hour/month. Note that the amount you quote your client, must also cover holiday compensation, work insurance, social security fee (only for YEL insured)  and our service fee. Your gross income is about 93-95% of the quoted price exclusive of VAT. Use our salary calculator – the most accurate in the market – to see how much you take home after all the compulsory deductions.

What is the quoted price exclusive of  VAT?

It is the price of your services before VAT is added. Anyone who sells services is liable to pay VAT. The standard rate of VAT in Finland is 24%. Specific services, such as care services and the services of performing artists, are exempt from VAT. No VAT is added to cross-border services. However, you must include the VAT registration number of the recipient of the invoice to enjoy VAT exemption within the EU. For more information about Value added tax, VAT.

How is the service fee percentage determined?

The percentage is calculated from the total amount you charge your customer (exclusive of VAT). The minimum charge is always €20, the maximum €300. You can see both the percentage and the actual amount of our service fee on our salary calculator once you enter the quoted price and your income tax rate.

You can claim service fee to be deducted in your personal taxation as expenses for the production of income. Altough tax administration considers the expenses to be deducted on a case-by-case basis and we can´t affect it.

What if my client doesn’t settle the bill?

We will send a reminder and, if necessary, forward the overdue invoice to a debt collection agency. We will never proceed with any debt collection measures unless agreed by you. Debt collection does not cost you anything. Please note that we will initiate debt collection only if the invoice is uncontested, that is, your client is aware of the total amount and has approved your work.

Will I accrue pension when I use your service?

Since 1st of May 2017 all self-employed persons working through invoicing company will be considered as entrepreneurs from the pension insurance point of view. Self-employed persons are transferred to self-employed person pension insurance system (YEL).  This means that we will not withhold any pension costs from salaries paid. YEL insurance must be taken out within six months of the commencement of self-employment. The commencement date of the insurance is the date when your entrepreneurial activites have started.

The minimum limit for YEL income in 2022 is  €8261,71. You set the level of your YEL income by yourself. YEL income is not the same as your taxable income from self-employment or the salary you have taken out, but it is good to be near the correct level right from the start of your self-employed activities. If you fall ill or if a child is born into your family, the benefits paid by Kela are also determined according to your YEL income. Your entitlement to unemployment benefits depend on the amount of your earned income. As a new self-employed you get 22% discount on YEL insurance for the first 4 years.

Can assignments be shared between people?

Yes, people can share assignments. However, each person must be registered with the Työt rahaksi service. You must also let us know in your invoice request how the money is split between people.

Can I deduct expenses?

You can claim certain deductions related to the production of your service, such as mileage, per diem allowance and travel tickets needed for the assignment. Tax-exempt travel expense allowances must be itemized on your invoice. Travel expenses that are itemized on your invoice are paid to you without withholding tax. For other costs like material or marketing costs for the assignment, you must claim deductions in your personal taxation. If you want to claim deductions for travel tickets, you must provide us with the relevant receipts.

You can claim expenses like telephone bills, computer etc. in your personal tax declaration as Other expenses for the production of income.

What does ”Lisäturva” (additional service) mean in our calculator?

Additional service fee covers for ex. accidents that take place at work. It covers also help with collecting invoices if they are not paid. We can also help you with ready-made document templates like assignment agreement.

Are there any services or assignments that cannot be invoiced through Työt rahaksi?

The service cannot be used for running online stores or any businesses that require licensing (such as a taxi service).